Tuesday, April 30, 2013

To give or not to beggars?



"Do everything with love"

Marapao St., Tagbilaran City

In the picture you can see beggars: two Badjao children and a native in this island of Bohol imploring help to the public, be it money or in kind. The question now is, are they a shame for Boholano people before the eyes of the foreign tourists? Many people asked this question, maybe even you.

One thing I'm afraid of is when I heard over the radio mayor Dan Lim said last year that it would be better for these Badjao to go back to their origin. To where? To the sea? Are they not Filipinos after all? Ahh that is to say they are unwelcome here. Shall we expect a bill in the future to persecute a giver like that in the city of Cebu? Such is an against the virtue of charity, therefore, unchristian.

I remember one thing to gain indulgence and for the satisfaction of our sins is alms-giving. I realized then that we are all beggars before God. 

Allow me to end by re-echoing the message written at the back of the tricycle, "Do everything with love".

**** I welcome comments**** 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...